dowhatthouwilt

Sunday, July 23, 2006

My friends



Over the past few weeks I have been doing a lot of deeper reflecting. Feeling my age getting to me, waking up cynical to the sun, jaded by the forces of time acting on a fractured will to live fowards. And then Sean, best friend in the same band Ronin, lent me this self help book. I've always thought self help books were fucking lame and meant for delusional people, but something in me wanted to give it a shot. I wasn't heading anywhere anyway, and my insides were churning from the friction of being idle in life.

I've met some very special people in my life recently. And although we haven't known each other for more than a few weeks, the time spent with them have been deeply meaningful and rejuvinating to me. For the longest time I've been viewing life as something owed to me; i am living, I deserve the best, it is my right to be happy. The irony is that my perception on life before meeting them was the fucked up thing about it. Nobody owes you a living, nobody owes you happiness.

And I've discovered the secrets to living a good happy life.

The best way to seek happiness in life is to seek happiness for others.

My new friends are young. They are like 16, 18, 20 year olds teenagers. And while most people my age might put them down as bloomers that have not yet 'realized' the 'reality' of life, I don't see them as such at all. Initially I was hesitant to get to know them better, simply because I feared what others would say of me; why bother with the immature 'kids'?, but I've come to realize something that has changed my life completely. Something that has made me a happier livelier and rediscovered person.

What is life? What is REAL life? Why, as people age, and accustom themselves to the bustle of our surroundings? As we age, we get more cynical as we face new 'realities' to life. So many people my age lose that spark that triggered them to push forwards in the first place. They stand jaded, passion faded and feel forced to abide by the normalities that our society place us in. Till they forget the simplicities of life that make us happy. I'm close to people my age, and I see them unhappy and angry at the way life has turned out different from what they expected it to be. They feel cheated. Disowned by the dreams they had.

But they forget the simple things that make us smile and laugh and feel loved. I was like that too for the longest time.

My friends have made me realize differently. :)

So I opened my heart, my mind, my time and my love to these people. To Natasha, to Gabriel, to Fiona, to Samantha, to Joycelyn. to Mel. And for the first time in a long long long time in the journey of my life, I let them inside. I rememebred, once again, how it felt to share. To give to and receive, and to do things for people not expecting things in return; but simply because it made you happy to do it for them. I received flake and criticism from people who thought they knew better, but in actual fact, know and understand less about the simple things in life because they have gotten caught up in the rat race to nowhere. And to these people I will give an official FUCK YOU.

My friends you have touched me with your hugs and your kisses and your love for each other and for me. And I love you all dearly. I will stand by you through your thick and thins, your love and your lost. And I thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping me rediscover a part of me that I thought I had lost forever. The abililty to love, and to feel loved.

Thank you. XXOOXXOOOXXOOOOooXXXoooXXXOx
:D
love,
Levan
(p.s. My name is NOT Ronin. lol)



















10 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Blogger joyc said...

LEVVVY. I guess what's most important is that we're true to ourselves. Dont let what others think put us down. At the end of the day, we're the one answering for ourselves. Cheers to the nights we felt alive!

 
At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lerp! We all love you too! As friends we'll all stick together and overcome more yeah! Don't let losers get in our way. We're young and free!

 
At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES!!we all love each other and like you said "because the best way to lead ur life is to want to make other lives better" and a lot of other stuff..

and also, thanks for taking a very ugly shot of me. :D

That's why we all love you! <3

-Fiona

 
At 4:52 AM, Blogger Huda said...

hey. remember me? anyways, stumbled across your blog thru your friendster account (hah. recall my views on FRIENDSTER not too long ago? LOL.)

i like your entries. refreshing. i mean you know. well yeah. refreshing.

well, see you ard then. (:

 
At 5:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snakeweed Studio is haunted...I dare nt go there jam,bcos i offended ghost b4.Heard tat e ownr says e ghost is friendly.

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louboutin, louis vuitton outlet stores, louis vuitton outlet, coach factory outlet, tory burch outlet, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, polo ralph lauren outlet, prada handbags, jordan shoes, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, air max, prada outlet, longchamp handbags, true religion jeans, louboutin outlet, coach purses, coach outlet, gucci outlet, ray ban sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses cheap, christian louboutin shoes, louis vuitton handbags, oakley sunglasses, nike shoes, louis vuitton, longchamp handbags, michael kors outlet, air max, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, michael kors outlet, coach outlet store online, louboutin, kate spade outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, kate spade handbags, burberry outlet, nike free, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

chi flat iron, north face jackets, vans shoes, uggs outlet, marc jacobs, north face outlet, herve leger, reebok outlet, soccer jerseys, nike huarache, ugg pas cher, insanity workout, ghd, hollister, wedding dresses, soccer shoes, mcm handbags, canada goose outlet, ugg boots, mac cosmetics, abercrombie and fitch, ferragamo shoes, canada goose, babyliss pro, beats by dre, longchamp, celine handbags, p90x, ugg, rolex watches, instyler, ugg australia, birkin bag, canada goose jackets, ugg boots, giuseppe zanotti, uggs outlet, ugg boots, nike roshe run, valentino shoes, nfl jerseys, asics running shoes, bottega veneta, lululemon outlet, mont blanc, jimmy choo outlet, new balance shoes

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louboutin, swarovski crystal, karen millen, hollister clothing store, ugg, iphone 6 cases, moncler, hollister, canada goose uk, ray ban, canada goose, juicy couture outlet, moncler, gucci, hollister, montre homme, converse shoes, canada goose, pandora charms, lancel, supra shoes, canada goose, converse, moncler, toms shoes, timberland boots, moncler, rolex watches, pandora jewelry, parajumpers, moncler, coach outlet store online, juicy couture outlet, links of london, oakley, louis vuitton, thomas sabo, moncler, vans, wedding dresses, ugg, swarovski, canada goose, air max, moncler outlet, baseball bats, air max, ralph lauren, pandora charms

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

nike air max
nike outlet
nike free 4.0
nike free 5.0 womens
Red Bottom Shoes For Women
christian louboutin men
mbt
mbt canada
fitflops sale
fitflop sandals
Nike Air Huaraches
All Balck Huarache
louboutin outlet
red sole shoes
cheap jordans
jordan 13
jordans 2015
new jordans
coach outlet online coach factory outlet
coach outlet store
kate spade surprise sale
kate spade purses
2015 michael kors outlet
Michael Kors Cheap
michael kors jewelry
michael kors bag
michael kors wallets
michael kors handbags on sale
michael kors purses
michael kors outlets
Michael Kors Outlet Locations

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger chenlina said...

chenlina20160506
oakley vault
hollister outlet
toms shoes outlet online
ray ban sunglasses
nike air jordan
toms shoes
coach factory outlet online
ray ban sunglasses discount
lebron james shoes 13
adidas outlet
louis vuitton
nike store
ray ban sunglasses
coach factory outlet
coach outlet
oakley outlet
ray ban sunglasses
polo ralph lauren
michael kors outlet clearance
louis vuitton outlet
ray ban sunglasses
jordan concords
ray bans
caoch outlet
michael kors outlet
oakley sunglasses
michael kors handbags
michael kors handbags
air max 90
ralph lauren outlet
hollister outlet
true religion
cheap jordans
fake watches
asics outlet
ed hardy clothing
nike free run
adidas shoes
kobe 9
jeremy scott shoes
as

 

Post a Comment

<< Home