dowhatthouwilt

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

the musician's life

a short history on how i got into music:

Giddy giddy gee gee! Ok I feel like ranting today.
I attended Victoria School. Love that school to bits. I don't know about how it's like now, but when I was in VS, those were the best years of my life.
I wasn't a jock stud. No. I wasn't on the debate team. No.
I was a LIBRARIAN! And also a gawky kid doing dreary paintings in the ART CLUB. :)
Didn't know any girls because I was always reading books. lol
I had 8 points for my O Levels, minus 2 for VS Affiliations and and 2 for CCAs. So that's 4.

Qualified for the various JCs.
Decided...hmmm...OK , I would rather not be exposed to horny mid-life crisis PE cum discipline masters strutting around in their fucky pants while secretly nursing hard ons staring at the JC Girls. Decided against having strict principals and the A Level thing also.

So I headed to Temasek Polytechnic to study....

...internet computing...
My classmates hated me because I never paid attention in class, I always copied my assignments, erm..... mocked their cheena accents. Played Pikachu Volleyball game in the computer labs and served the internet + played Doom 3 while my lecturers rambled on about servers, routers, and programming shite.

Formed my first band in school. Consisting of (And i'm being serious here), a gay drummer, a butch guitarist, and a lesbian bassist. I was the singer and was horrible (Still am) and the butch and lesbian players had a fling going on. They had a huge disagreement, and they both left the band. As a result, I was stuck in a band with a gay drummer. 'nuff said. No offence to faggots, but the combination of a gay guy / straight albino guy in a band is not very marketable or appealing to the masses...or anyone.

This gay drummer said to me "What's the point? If you play English songs locally, radio won't support, media won't cover, and we'll never have a #1 hit single"

Then I said "Eh fuck you, one day I prove to you that it can be done! Knnbccb"

So I quit the band and luckily I didn't get assed fucked by him. No offence to gay people, but yeah.

Graduated from Temasek Polytechnic as the Top 5 overall best student in the entire institution. Not bad for a half-fucked student I must admit! The computer geek in me is strong!!!!!!!! I can break a motherboard with my teeth. Ok maybe I can't.

Joined an internet computing firm owned by Indian immigrants, with peers from India. No offence, but I was totally outta my element there. Plus I'm albino, so the contrast in skin colour was really quite amusing if you think about it. I'm ridiculing myself, not the Indian immigrants btw.

I had a 3k salary a month.
Sat at a desk from 9-5
Day in day out
sat at a desk
day in day out
sat at a desk

then one day Sean asked me to join this rock band called Ronin.
I said no

day in day out
sat at a desk

sean asked me again, i said NOOOOOO I"M NOT GONNA JOIN ANOTHER BAND. Is the drummer gay too?!?!?!

Then one day I relented.

And the rest is history.

2 years later, I contacted the gay drummer in my original band and told him "Hey my band has a #1 hit. Just to let you know, you were totally fucking wrong!"

And since then, I never looked back. I was offered positions in overseas Universities and scholarships to study abroad. I gave that up because I couldn't be half fucked to get a piece of paper to certify my worth to a gawky overpaid boss.

I'll never look back with regrets.

Remember folks, live life once. And live it to the fullest. Because you'll never get a second chance.

...unless you believe in Buddhism and you'll be reborn...

But there might be a chance you'll be an ant in a second life. With a 30 second life span before somebody steps on you.

So yeah, do what thou wilt and thou wilt be the law.

Sorry, just rambling here.

blah blah bleeeee bleee bleep

yours,
levan

PS: I'm happy with our achievements as a band, but I hope we can become and develop into something much more. The pseudo rock posing getting a bit boring and predictable. I think we should all start wearing WALRUS OUTFITS with yellow helmets and strut around with my teeth hanging out. YOU ARE THE EGGMAN!!!

14 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i didn't know about the indiamen deskjob. hahaha

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Magelet said...

Its 3:30am and ive just come across your blog. Im so glad to know that there is someone like you in singapore after all. I hope your life dream comes true, because I have one just like it.

 
At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your post picked me up today. Thank you :)

 
At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pseudo rock posing getting a bit boring and predictable.

NO. RONIN IS ALWAYS A JOY TO WATCH.

 
At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(giggles giggles)
keep that dream alive magelet. how did you stumble on my blog?

THERE MUST BE SPIESSSSS!!!!!!!

ok nvm. it's 5.30am and i'm high on caffine. WHY?! Instant coffee guilty pleasure. SEXAY!

levan

 
At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way hindusim also belief in reborn or reincarnation.U frgt 2 type tat in. That fag drummer regretted rite?

 
At 2:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey ,

care to share how your made it big in the scene ?

 
At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't think there's such a thing as 'big' in the scene. Ask anyone who knows me and I'll tell them we're crappy haha! It's my honest opinion anyway.

Erm but basically work ur butt off, take the bullets, grit ur teeth and don't be afraid of failure. But that applies to everything or every dream u want to accomplish in life?

I think one of the most important things is to smile sarcastically at your critics and remind yourself how sweet it'll be to prove them wrong. It's a great motivational talk to yourself :D So yes revenge is sweet!!

lev

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Sam W. said...

this is one of the moments i remember that when i said i would be happier if i got a score like yours for Os, and you told me, "you want 4 points? for? so that you can go to JC?"

and this is one moment that i finally do admit. lev, you were right.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Levan Wee said...

There are thousnads of people clamouring for that perfect score, that perfect grade, that perfect system of perfect 100's. But what does perfection mean if it's a strive for nothing? A strive for that paper, a strive for that fickle moment of status to show how elevated you are because you happened to be able to graduate with that perfection.

Embrace imperfection. We're all imperfect. I know I definitely am. So are we all. I'd rather be an imperfect being with dreams, than a perfect human being needing to satisfy the expectations of everyone else.

You only live once, so live your dreams. And even if they seem impossible, improbable, and distant beyond belief, that is the passion that will drive you to success. What level of success depends on luck and perhaps a twist of fate. But nobody can ever take away the expectations you have for yourself.

Don't disappoint yourself by selling yourself to others.

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louboutin, louis vuitton outlet stores, louis vuitton outlet, coach factory outlet, tory burch outlet, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, polo ralph lauren outlet, prada handbags, jordan shoes, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, air max, prada outlet, longchamp handbags, true religion jeans, louboutin outlet, coach purses, coach outlet, gucci outlet, ray ban sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses cheap, christian louboutin shoes, louis vuitton handbags, oakley sunglasses, nike shoes, louis vuitton, longchamp handbags, michael kors outlet, air max, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, michael kors outlet, coach outlet store online, louboutin, kate spade outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, kate spade handbags, burberry outlet, nike free, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

chi flat iron, north face jackets, vans shoes, uggs outlet, marc jacobs, north face outlet, herve leger, reebok outlet, soccer jerseys, nike huarache, ugg pas cher, insanity workout, ghd, hollister, wedding dresses, soccer shoes, mcm handbags, canada goose outlet, ugg boots, mac cosmetics, abercrombie and fitch, ferragamo shoes, canada goose, babyliss pro, beats by dre, longchamp, celine handbags, p90x, ugg, rolex watches, instyler, ugg australia, birkin bag, canada goose jackets, ugg boots, giuseppe zanotti, uggs outlet, ugg boots, nike roshe run, valentino shoes, nfl jerseys, asics running shoes, bottega veneta, lululemon outlet, mont blanc, jimmy choo outlet, new balance shoes

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

chi flat iron, north face jackets, vans shoes, uggs outlet, marc jacobs, north face outlet, herve leger, reebok outlet, soccer jerseys, nike huarache, ugg pas cher, insanity workout, ghd, hollister, wedding dresses, soccer shoes, mcm handbags, canada goose outlet, ugg boots, mac cosmetics, abercrombie and fitch, ferragamo shoes, canada goose, babyliss pro, beats by dre, longchamp, celine handbags, p90x, ugg, rolex watches, instyler, ugg australia, birkin bag, canada goose jackets, ugg boots, giuseppe zanotti, uggs outlet, ugg boots, nike roshe run, valentino shoes, nfl jerseys, asics running shoes, bottega veneta, lululemon outlet, mont blanc, jimmy choo outlet, new balance shoes

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louboutin, swarovski crystal, karen millen, hollister clothing store, ugg, iphone 6 cases, moncler, hollister, canada goose uk, ray ban, canada goose, juicy couture outlet, moncler, gucci, hollister, montre homme, converse shoes, canada goose, pandora charms, lancel, supra shoes, canada goose, converse, moncler, toms shoes, timberland boots, moncler, rolex watches, pandora jewelry, parajumpers, moncler, coach outlet store online, juicy couture outlet, links of london, oakley, louis vuitton, thomas sabo, moncler, vans, wedding dresses, ugg, swarovski, canada goose, air max, moncler outlet, baseball bats, air max, ralph lauren, pandora charms

 

Post a Comment

<< Home